Ultron has been defeated so you know what time it is: let’s break down the final film in the MCU’s Phase 2 – that’s right, it’s 2015’s ANT-MAN! Let’s get small!
In the 11th episode of the Movie Quest Podcast, Julianne and I discuss:
- Edgar Wright’s missed connection to the MCU
- Paul Rudd got ripped!
- Evangeline Lilly’s bad hair
- Michael Douglas is very cool
- “Kevin Spacey Netflix Show”
- Chekov’s Guns
- The Square-Cube Law
Plus, there’s mention of a really fun fan theory (that Julianne came up with) that proposes that Hank Pym and Peggy Carter hooked up! Also, we mention that super-kickass teaser poster – remember this one?
Smash those shrink buttons and click play to listen to the episode!
As you read, peruse these notes from our homies over at IMDB:
- When Paul Rudd told his nine-year-old son he was going to be Ant-Man, his son said, “Wow, I can’t wait to see how stupid that’ll be.”
- According to Michael Douglas, the costume for Paul Rudd had to be altered because of his muscles. Rudd had gone on an extensive training and workout regimen in order to build the proper muscle size for a superhero, but Rudd had become so muscular, they had to soften his costume up.
- The laser sounds fired from Yellowjacket’s suit are the same sound as the main gun on an AT-AT being fired in the Star Wars movies. Disney owns Marvel and Star Wars.
- Edgar Wright wanted the film to be completely stand-alone, with no references to the other films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. This plan did not match the studio plan for the Marvel Cinematic Universe. This, among other factors, led to Wright leaving.
- Peyton Reed originally wanted Rick Moranis who’s known for portraying Wayne Szalinski in the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids films in the film for a cameo.
Thanks ya’ll! Make sure you tune in again soon for the FIRST MOVIE OF MCU PHASE 3: CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR!!!