In Episode 10 of the Movie Quest Podcast, Julianne and Brandon (that’s me) really find their groove as they discuss 2015’s Avengers: Age of Ultron! Listen in as we tackle the tough questions like:
- Is Black Widow’s hair better?
- Is James Spader primarily a comedic actor?
- Who TF is JOHN WHEDON!
- What is the film industry’s SHADOW MATH? (band name, I call it)
- Where did #LakeThor go?
- Can you “crack the mainframe” of the whole internet??
On the night that we recorded this episode, Avengers: Age of Ultron was actually trending on Twitter because it was just a few days before the debut of WandaVision – Twitter was exalting this forgotten MCU film and I thought it was quite a coincidence that we were about to watch Wanda’s film debut. I was also bummed that I couldn’t share all of that content with Julianne because she was so far behind, but I’m glad we got caught up so quickly.
As a refresher, have a quick look at the trailer for Avengers: Age of Ultron:
And here’s Episode 10 of the Movie Quest Podcast!
Here are some trivia facts courtesy of IMDB:
- James Spader was Joss Whedon‘s only choice for the role of Ultron, because of his “hypnotic voice that can be eerily calm and compelling, while also being very human and humorous.”
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson was asked to lose weight (muscle mass in particular) because he looked too strong to portray a runner, who is usually trim.
- In the comics, Ultron was created by Dr. Hank Pym (Ant-Man). In this film, Ultron is a dormant project developed by Tony Stark, while Pym gets his own separate story in Ant-Man (2015).
- Paul Bettany (The Vision) is good friends with Stellan Skarsgård (Dr. Erik Selvig). In fact, Bettany and his wife Jennifer Connelly named their firstborn child “Stellan”, after Skarsgård.
Tune in soon for the final film in Phase 2 of the MCU: Ant-Man!