We are BACK and we are ON-TIME with a new episode of the Movie Quest Podcast this week, and you’re in for a treat because in Episode 9 we are talking about 2014’s Guardians of the Galaxy!
Listen along as Julianne and I ask the important questions like:
- Are James Gunn and Tim Gunn related??
- Was that a BlankMan reference!
- What IS cinematography?
- “Was that Natalie Portman??”
- Is Zoe Saldana an angel?
Also, Julianne cannot tell the difference between “Mohawk Blue Guy Who Whistles,” “Blue Hellboy,” and Thanos. So that’s fun.
Have a listen!
Some facts about Guardians of the Galaxy from (newly-redesigned!) IMDB:
- Vin Diesel recorded all his lines in several different languages, including Russian, Mandarin, Spanish, Portuguese, German, and French, so that they could use his real voice in the film around the world.
- According to Vin Diesel, the voice of Groot, he recorded Groot’s iconic line, “I am Groot”, over one thousand times.
- Chris Pratt apparently stole his Star-Lord costume from the set, for the sole purpose of having it available so he could show up in costume to visit sick children in the hospital, who might want to meet Star-Lord.
- Chris Pratt went on a very strict training regimen and diet for six months, and dropped sixty pounds, eventually getting a six-pack for his shirtless scenes. He said it was a lot of hard work, almost “torturous”, but when he was filming his shirtless scenes, and saw the playback on the monitor, he felt the effort was well worth it, and was “extremely excited to see the best possible physical version of himself”.
Nicole Perlman is the first woman to be credited for writing a Marvel screenplay.
Tune in for Episode 10 when we discuss Avengers: Age of Ultron!